Friday, October 1, 2010

Progress In English 383

*Since I cannot find the blog I began writing in class, I've decided to re-write another one*

I was very excited to register for this class last spring. It was the one class I looked forward to, because I love writing and I want to help others to love writing just as I do. I think I have learned a great deal so far, through the articles and books we have read thus far. It is helpful to read materials that re-emphasize what I already know and materials that teach me new things. I must say that the one material I thoroughly enjoyed reading was Under The Grammar Hammer. I was a bit skeptical about reading it in the beginning, just because it seemed like something an elementary student would read. However, it really helped me to understand concepts I tend to struggle with, like verb and subject agreement.

One thing I can definitely work on for the rest of the semester is reading other students' blogs and giving feedback on them. I think I can also work on my blog post and making sure I am on top of that. The only problem I have with English 383 is that the due dates for assignments tends to be confusing. It is a little hard to keep up with when things are due because it seems like there are no set due dates for certain things, so it becomes stressful to complete some assignments. In addition, some of the assignments are just confusing and I just don't understand exactly what they are asking for. It is also hard not having a hard copy of the syllabus to have on hand. Overall, I still do enjoy our discussions in class. They really help in getting me to think and to understand different aspects of writing. I am looking forward to the rest of the semester!

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way you do, Addy, with just about everything. Many of the readings we have really help me to fully understand concepts I am aware of but that I probably wouldn't be able to articulate to someone else. In addition to Under the Grammar Hammer, I found Lanham's Paramedic Method quite useful.

    ReplyDelete